I love, absolutely LOVE the Summer time! I love the heat, I love the swimming, the vacations--love it! So, when Fall starts rolling around, I start to get a little sad knowing that Winter will soon be here. I live in WV, about 2 hours from our nation's capital. Last year, we had over 3 feet of snow! It was an awful, AWFUL Winter! I was just sure I would go into labor during one of those bad snow storms and my midwife would not be able to make it to the house for the birth of my daughter. Luckily, she came on a snow-free day!
-Clean Burning: Soy candles put off less smoke than paraffin candle, therefore there is much less (if any) black soot accumulating on the inside of your candle's container. I also use cotton wicks which help diminish the occurrence of smoke or soot (as opposed to wicks which have a zinc core).
- Cost Effective: Soy candles burn at a much slower rate than paraffin candles. They can burn up to twice as long (or sometimes longer!) than a paraffin candle, giving you twice the candle.
- Promoting American Farmers: Soy beans are grown in American fields and are processed in the US.
- Scent Throw: Soy candles fill your rooms with a strong and lasting scent and contain a much cleaner smell than paraffin candles due to the additional chemicals released from burning paraffin.
- Health Factors: Soy candles burn with no toxins or carcinogens. Paraffin candles contain at least 4 probable cancer-causing chemicals - Benzene, Carbon Tetrachloride, Trichloroethane, and Toluene. So consider the health of yourself and your family when choosing what kinds of candles you want to burn in your home.
- Think Green: Soy candles are made from a renewable resource, are biodegradable, and are better for the environment.I certainly had no idea before of all the benefits of using soy candles, but plan to try to purchase them exclusively from now on!
You should definitely go check out JKM Candles on the web at http://www.jkmsoycandles.com/default.html and on Facebook!
What's that? You'd like to win a JKM Candle? Well, you're in luck! Jenny has offered to give one of my readers a free 4oz candle in the scent of your choice!
Here's how you can enter to win!
You must "like" JKM Soy Candles on Facebook, Click Here! (PS, it would be awesome if you could leave a message on her page thanking her for this giveaway!)
-Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect (1 Entry)
-"Like" my Facebook page, Click Here! (1 Entry)
-Go to JKM Soy Candles' Website and tell me which scent you would choose if you win (1 Entry)
-Make a purchase during this giveaway from JKM Soy Candles (3 Entries)
-Post about this giveaway as a status update on your Facebook page (make sure you put a link to the giveaway) then come back here and leave a link showing that you did. (1 Entry)
This giveaway is open to residents of the US only. Please put your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you should win. Giveaway ends on Tuesday, September 28th at 9PM. Good luck!
*This is not a paid post. I only share my honest opinion. Thanks to the company for the complimentary review and giveaway items*