Happy Holidays! and (UL) have teamed up to promote safety during this holiday season and together they've come up with many great ideas for families to incorporate into this special time of year.
Here are 3 great tips for a SAFE and happy holiday season!
- Water your tree daily.
- Blow out unattended candles.
- Always make sure your holiday lights and decorations bear the UL Mark of Safety.
Additional tips include:
1. Only plug in one plug per outlet
2. When online shopping, be aware of what personal information you are providing
3. Always log off a website before you close your browser
4. Stay at least 3 feet away from portable heaters
5. Keep stairways and pathways free of clutter
6. Remind your kids to dial in 9-1-1 in emergencies
7. Make sure your home has a UL listed Carbon Monoxide alarm, UL listed Fire Extinguishers and a home escape plan
~Thanks Radio Disney and Underwriters Laboratories for the great tips!~