Everything I knew just flew out the window once our son was born. I found myself overreacting about anything and everything health related concerning our little Buddy Doo. You see, you may be the best babysitter, aunt/uncle, baby caretaker in the world but once you give birth and that is your child that was just born premature, coughed, or who's hiccups are lasting far longer than they should everything becomes an important question. At least we have a pediatrician that can deal with my constant phone calls and questions. I believe he's a phenomenal pediatrician, so I would rather stay on his good side.
So for my phone bill's sake, I have been first turning my inquiries to the Surviving Infancy DVD set. When I was contacted to review this DVD set, I was both excited and worried. One thing I will never outgrow is my constant need to learn everything I can to prepare myself for anything that concerns Buddy Doo or surprises his health may throw my way (hence my excitement). The Surviving Infancy DVD set though is just like it sounds, a DVD set; that means there's an end and that worried me that I wouldn't find all of the answers I desired.
The Surviving Infancy DVD set has a run time of 3 hours and 15 minutes and covers 36 different topics. Doesn't sound like much, but after looking at the topics presented I can't think of another question to ask! These topics focus on key information concerning Infant Safety, Toddler Safety, Routine Illnesses, Pediatric Emergencies, Immunizations, and Parenting Challenges. The information is presented by two acclaimed and credible emergency physicians, so it actually feels like you are talking to a doctor at one of your regular visits.
Why choose the Surviving Infancy™ video guide? It’s simple…
- 36 must-know topics focused on newborns to toddlers (0 - 3 Years)
- The most comprehensive, credible and concise video guide available
- Presented in an upbeat format by two acclaimed emergency physicians
- Incorporates video clips, hands-on instruction and "key point" slides
- Available in multiple video formats to suit your needs
- You’ll receive our 100% satisfaction, money back guarantee
There were plenty of topics I found vastly informative as a first time mother. For one, I have never seen a diaper rash or baby diarrhea; gross topics, but still something you need to be aware of and know how to spot. While all of these are absolutely important, here's my top 10 'must-KNOW' topics from the DVD:a Rafflecopter giveaway
Sleeping Safety & SIDS
When to Go to the ER
Breastfeeding and its Benefits
- Car Seat Safety.
- I can't stress enough the importance of car seat safety enough. While I could get all preachy with this topic in two seconds, I'll just simply state that you should check this section out and be aware that car seat safety goes beyond the car. Always read your manual.
- SIDS is one of the scariest things for a new mother. I am sad to say I know a couple of mothers who lost their children to SIDS. While ultimately there is no determined cause for it, the more you know the better you can protect your child.
- All three of these tie into the same thing: most don't know the difference between normal newborn poo and diarrhea since the colors can range all over the charts. How do you know the difference between spit up, acid reflux, and vomiting? And babies aren't born with diaper rash, its something they get after being exposed to disposable diapers, so how do you know what to look for?
- Even if you never have to use it, CPR is something that everyone should know, be rehearsed in, and be prepared to use at a moment's notice.
- As bad as it sounds, some people bump their little one's head at some point in infancy or toddlerhood. Babies start rolling, crawling, walking....head bumps are bound to happen. Thats why it is important to find out which head injuries are serious, which are simply a bruise, and what symptoms to look for.
- I'll never forget the day that Buddy Doo cried for what seemed like an hour. Nothing worked and I even started to feel like a bad parent for not knowing what to do to soothe him. Turns out he had a nightmare and when he finally opened his eyes he calmed down, but what do you do after you've tried absolutely everything and nothing seems to work?
- Who really knows when to go to the ER? It always seems like when you insist on going, nothing is terribly wrong and you got scared for nothing. Vice versa, when its something serious, you never seem to go until its worse.
- I'm a breastfeeding mother and proud. While it has definitely been a battle trying to keep my supply, I know every little bit is well worth it. Breastfeeding is just recently coming back which is unfortunate it ever went away. Breastfeeding your child is still considered 'weird', 'gross', or 'unnatural' by most of the public when in fact it has benefits that cannot be replicated by even the best formula brands or vitamins. The benefits are life-long and can even save a premature baby's life, so at least give this chapter some attention if you can. Even if you choose not to breastfeed, at least you'll be understanding of those who choose to do so.
This DVD set is here to help you 'survive infancy'. When you are a new mom, you are new at this so you don't always know exactly what to do. Instinct may have kicked in, but you'll find you may even doubt yourself or your parenting skills when something your child does takes you completely off-guard.
Be prepared, make an investment in your sanity and check out the Surviving Infancy DVD set! It also makes a wonderful baby shower gift for new mothers that either have everything or you don't know what to get. Its also gender-neutral, so its the perfect gift for those waiting until birth to know the sex of their child.
You can choose the format most convenient to you:
2 DVD Set Format ($29.95 + S&H)
Here's what you'll receive
- 36 video presentations on DVD covering the most important topics
- 2 high quality recorded video DVDs with protective case
- DVDs playable on all DVD devices
- Total 2 DVD Set run time: 3 hours 15 min
- Our 30-day, 100% satisfaction, money back guarantee
Streaming Video Format ($24.95)
Here's what you'll receive
- 36 streaming HD video presentations covering the most important topics
- Instant access to the streaming HD video format
- Ability to play any topic within any given section – on the fly
- Access the content via personal account (set-up during checkout)
- Playable on all computers and mobile devices
- Total streaming HD video run time: 3 hours 15 min
- Our 7-day, 100% satisfaction, money back guarantee
But wait! They are generously offering FIVE DVD sets for some lucky new or soon-to-be parents so they can 'Survive Infancy'!!! Enter in the Rafflecopter below. Open to US. Ends 2/8
Disclaimer: I received the product mentioned in this post free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours. Buddy Doo's Adventure-Roos! and Thrifty Nifty Mommy are not responsible for prize shipment.