It's Day 18 of the event and today's
review & giveaway is brought to you by Savy Mommy Moments.
Since then, I have received several inquiries from soon-to-be or new parents about what the best video monitors out there are for their children and I have been unable to give them an answer I knew the product would back up. Now, I have one in the Lorex Technologies, LIVE Sense LW2400 Wireless Baby Monitor.
Wireless home security camera system features:
- 3.5" LCD color monitor with rechargeable lithium battery
- View from anywhere in the world using Skype™
- Don't miss a thing with sound- activated alerts
- Room-temperature monitoring with alert setting
- View day and night with automatic night vision (up to 13ft/4m)
- Secure, interference-free, long-range digital signal
- Sleep easy with convenient video on/off button
- Grows with your family (expandable up to 4 cameras)
Private and Secure.
Grows with Your Family.
View Day or Night.
Multiple Viewing Options.
Private and Secure.
Audio Indicator Lights.
- Walk around the house freely with the sleek handheld monitor, while still keeping an eye on your home.
- Connect the handheld monitor to any computer and watch what the camera sees from anywhere in the world using Skype™.
- Be aware throughout the night with sleep mode featuring audio monitoring, indicator lights, and sound-activated recording.
- Monitor your home with confidence knowing the wireless digital signal is secure, private, and can't be picked up by neighbors.
- The LIVE Sense includes an electronic temperature sensor so you can monitor the climate in the baby's room. A built-in alarm will even warn you if the temperature changes outside of your selected range.
- Two-way audio between the camera and monitor means you can talk to family members, even if you are not in the same room.
- Add up to 3 additional cameras. As your family grows, the LIVE Sense can expand right along with you. Have a camera in the baby's room, play room, living room, or even pointing at the front door.
- Conserve battery life and sleep peacefully by using it as an audio monitor. With the LCD monitor turned off, you can continue to hear your child while eliminating distractions for a peaceful sleep.
- Keep an eye on your child all night long with crystal clear automatic night vision. Check on little ones without the risk of waking them up.
- Viewing modes include Single Channel, Scan (switch between single channels automatically), and Quad Split-Screen.
- Digital signal with FHSS technology ensures a private and secure transmission between the camera and handheld monitor.
- Audio indicator lights on the monitor indicate the level of noise being picked up by the camera. This extra pair of ears helps you be aware of what your child is up to when you are in a noisy room.
Unpacking and setting up the system was really easy.
We chose to set this up in our 3 year old's room as we recently converted his bed to a crib and wanted to be able to view more of his room than just his bed. Setup was really easy, just plug in the camera let it fully power up and then plug in/turn on the monitor. The monitor will automatically find the camera. Since we decided to set the camera on a dresser, the setup took all of 2 minutes. Below is a picture of his room and the setup.
Two of our major complaints with our previous monitor were the quality of the image, especially at nighttime and the static background noise. We immediately noticed that the quality of these images were crisp and much less grainy. And that night, we noticed that there was only a sound coming from the monitor if there was noise in the room, for which the sensitivity can easily be adjusted on the camera. Below are our tests with very dim room lighting and nighttime with no light.
We started playing around with some of the features and there were some really great ones we wished we had with our old monitor. Below are a few pics of these:
When we installed this monitor, we were having a problem convincing our son that he could get out of his bed in the morning on his own. Even though we had told him in person, what felt like a hundred times, he still would cry for us every morning like he was trapped. This monitor has a walkie talkie feature in which you can talk to the room the camera is in remotely from the video monitor and we decided to test it out the very first morning. When he woke up, we simply told him he could get out of bed and come to our room and it worked! Now, this is his favorite feature, as at nighttime after we have done 2-3 rounds of hugs/kisses/goodnight wishes, we can say one final "Goodnight" and "I love you" to him before he goes down to sleep. I think it has given him reassurance that if he needs us, he doesn't have to wait to hear our voices until we get upstairs.
Finally, I really like that we can add up to 4 total cameras to this monitor and these aren't just limited to the version included with it. It is expandable with various cameras for indoor and outdoor use, which means that this can be used well beyond those first few years of your children's lives.
Overall, this monitor offers parents and very affordable, high-quality (only $149.99, which is a steal in the world of video monitors!) and easy to use solution for monitoring the safety of their children and home. I highly recommend this for any new parent or parent-to-be, as well as anyone looking to monitor the security and safety within or outside their home.
Find out more: You can learn more about Lorex Technologies and their home and business security products on their website.
Buy it: If there is someone you know that could use this, you can purchase it on the Lorex website. It is definitely a purchase that they will be thanking you for many years to come!
Win it: Lorex is offering you the chance to win your very own LW2400 Wireless Video Baby Monitor system! Just use the entry form below for your chance to win!
~Kelley*Kelley is a contributing writer as part of the Thrifty Nifty Mommy Blogger Network. You can read more from Kelley on her personal blog, Savy Mommy Moments!*
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Be sure to check out all of Kelley's open giveaways here!
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Savy Mommy Moments is not responsible for prize fulfillment. By entering this giveaway you are agreeing to all giveaway rules posted here*